New Packers Offensive Coordinator Joe Philbin will continue to use the zone-blocking scheme that the Packers used throughout the ’06 season will be in place again next year. McCarthy and former offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski introducedthe system with mixed success in the ’06 season, and it was a marked improvement from the previous season’s rush offense. Philbin siad of the zone-blocking scheme, “We invested a lot of time in it, a lot of repetitions, a lot of practice time.” He continued, “We think it’s good, we want to get better at it…and we’ll start finding ways to do that tomorrow.”
- The Matt Flynn Experience
- How not to have a polite conversation with Vikings fans
- Packers players questioned in sexual assault case
- For those who didn’t already know who to root for this week.
- About that Favre fellow…
- More reasonable and lucid ideas from Bleacher Report
- Brett Favre won’t be unretiring until next season.